iVAC Newsletter June 2011
Attached is the June 2011 edition of the Integrated Visualization and Analytics Community (iVAC) Newsletter. The Basic/Futures Research (BFR) Program believes that regular communication is one of the most effective ways to enable our Data and Visual Analytics enterprise to flourish.
The iVAC Newsletter is envisioned as a coordinating function for the various activities coming out of the BFR program, international university partners and other government agencies. The thought is to present and share knowledge of these initiatives, accomplishments in various areas (technology, publications, new funding, etc.), up-coming conferences and events, and other significant happenings to the entire community.
This iVAC Newsletter features:
- Enterprise Resiliency Experiment – a technology experiment with end users in the Northwest Region of Canada and the U.S.
- Health Emergency Situational Awareness on Smart Phones – work underway at CCICADA through a grant from the New Jersey Department of Health
- Multimedia Analytics – the Canopy Suite being developed by PNNL
- UKVAC Kick-off Meeting – Phase II of the UKVAC begins!
- Datasets for Visual Analytics Research – made available by the UKVAC
- An AWSM Experiment! – CCICADA conducts a social media experiment on the campus of Rutgers University
- IEEE 2011 VisWeek Discovery Exhibition – learn how Visual Analytics is impacting users!
- Proceedings Published for 2011 DHS S&T University Summit – 37 white papers from the Summit are now available in a special on-line edition of the Journal of Homeland Security
Read the newsletter here:
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.