iVAC Newsletter February 2011
Attached is the February 2011 edition of the Integrated Visualization and Analytics Community (iVAC) Newsletter. The Basic/Futures Research (BFR) Program believes that regular communication is one of the most effective ways to enable our Data and Visual Analytics enterprise to flourish.
The iVAC Newsletter is envisioned as a coordinating function for the various activities coming out of the BFR program, international university partners and other government agencies. The thought is to present and share knowledge of these initiatives, accomplishments in various areas (technology, publications, new funding, etc.), up-coming conferences and events, and other significant happenings to the entire community.
This iVAC Newsletter features:
- A CCICADA Student Workshop on Mathematical & Computational Modeling in Service of Society,
- The 2011 DHS University Network Summit,
- The Infrastructure Protection and Evacuation Planning Symposium,
- CCICADA Researchers work with IBM on the Next Watson. (What is Watson? Read the article and find out!),
- Call for proposals for the 3rd International UKVAC Workshop on Visual Analytics, and
- The US-Sweden Workshop: A Visualization and Analytics Approach to Flooding and Pandemics.
Read the newsletter here:
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.